Who We Are
The Mayfield Education & Research Foundation exists to advance the care of patients with brain and spine disorders through leading-edge education and research.
William D. Tobler, MD
Mariner Wealth Advisors, Cincinnati
Jeffrey T. Keller, PhD
Research Professor of Neurosurgery, Emeritus
UC Department of Neurosurgery
Vincent DiNapoli, MD, PhD
Vice President & Chief Business
The Christ Hospital
Senior Vice President Sales, NA
Procter & Gamble
Bryan Krueger, MD
James J. McGraw, Jr.
Keating, Muething & Klekamp PLL
Lauren R. Ostling, MD
Robert E. Rich
Taft, Stetinius & Hollister, LLP
Andrew J. Ringer, MD
Bradbury Skidmore, MD
Mayfield Education & Research Foundation
When a local businessman learned that his surgeon, William Tobler, MD, chaired the foundation affiliated with Mayfield Brain & Spine, he immediately provided a significant gift to help wherever the need was greatest. The Lilly and Grace Morriss Spark Grant in Brain and Spine Health has been established in honor of his granddaughters.
The $50,000 "Starr Family Spark Grant in ALS Research" has been awarded to John MacLennan, PhD, at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. Dr. MacLennan is an associate professor in the Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology.
A technology donation from Stryker, valued at $375,000 will provide a major upgrade at the Mayfield Surgical Innovation Center. The in-kind donation involves specialized drill sets that will enhance the laboratory experience for neurosurgeons who train in advanced spine techniques.
Thank you to our wonderful donors for your messages of gratitude during this difficult time. Your heartfelt messages are so appreciated and we love to share your heartwarming stories.
While we all navigate through the COVID-19 crisis, Mayfield providers are seeing patients through telehealth (video) appointments, telephone appointments, and even office visits for the most urgent/emergent cases. Our specialists are rounding at the hospitals and doing everything they can do to help those patients who need us.
Here are a few messages that we received from our donors and friends.
Do you have a message for your Mayfield caregiver?
Want to give a shout-out to your surgeon, a nurse, or just let people know why you support the Mayfield Foundation?
- We will work to benefit the broader neurosciences community, to expand our knowledge, and to sustain a field that offers unlimited opportunity for research.
- We will focus on the development of human capital by funding leading-edge education and research initiatives.
- We will reward excellence and innovation. We will welcome opportunities to "fast track" research and projects that have difficulty gaining traction or funding at larger institutions or foundations. We will remain agile so that we can speed discovery and move ever forward.
- We will support the care of patients as administered by our partnering hospitals and affiliates. We will provide the resources our physicians and hospitals need to provide their patients with the highest quality care.
- We will seek to provide comfort and counsel to those suffering from neurological diseases and disorders. We will support and coordinate efforts by local hospitals, organizations, and programs to educate and promote greater neurological awareness and compassion.
- We will promote Cincinnati as an integrated community of caregivers, educators and researchers working collaboratively to advance the frontier of neuroscience.
The Mayfield Education & Research Foundation is affiliated with Cincinnati-based Mayfield Brain & Spine, recognized as one of the world's leading organizations for neurosurgical treatment, education, and research. Supported by more than 20 specialists in neurosurgery, interventional neuroradiology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and pain management, Mayfield treats more than 20,000 patients from 35 states and 13 countries each year.